Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great Labor Day Weekend full of good food, family, and lots of relaxing! I am a little late getting this post up but I spent my Labor Day Weekend on this cute little island in South Carolina called Daufuskie Island!
I thought I would let you all know my Top 6 Must-Haves for Traveling! But, I need to give a little backstory of my trip before I do so. (:
A couple of Chris and I’s friends planned a fun get away trip to Daufuskie to celebrate their recent marriage! Unfortunately, Hurricane Hermine decided to show up uninvited and got a little out of line while we were there. The island ended up being right in the middle of the Hurricane with harsh wind speeds, wreaking havoc all over the place! Trees were falling, the beaches were unbearable due to the sand flying everywhere, and our power ended up going out for the majority of the trip due to the storm.
But as with every unfortunate situation, there is always a bright side!
While most people probably would’ve just had bad attitudes during the whole trip, our entire group was so positive and upbeat! We ended up playing different board games such as Battle Ship (I beat Chris), and the TV was always off! No one could get cell service either, which was actually so nice to be disconnected from the world for a little. One restaurant had a generator, so all of the locals and tourists hung out there during the nights to grab a bite to eat and listen to live music! Also, golf carts were the main mode of transportation on the island and in order to get on/off Daufuskie you had to take a water taxi, which was super cool! I couldn’t even tell you all how many dolphins we saw which made me feel like a little kid at Disney World.
On the last day of our trip, the storm had passed and the sun was shining bright! It was such a beautiful day and the trip as a whole was one I will never forget!
With the power being out and having very limited resources, I realized there were many items I wished I had packed, and many I was so happy I brought along! I decided to let you all in on my 6 must-haves for traveling that I now know I won’t leave for a trip without!
1. DRY SHAMPOO. Having no power = no showers on the island. Luckily, I had a little bottle of baby powder in my purse, but I will always be traveling with dry shampoo from here on out! Oribe just came out with a dry shampoo and knowing how amazing all their other products are, I can’t wait to try out their new one! I linked a dry shampoo from Ulta that works like a charm for you all.
2. Make-up wipes. You never know when you will need them and they would have been super useful during this trip! My go-to wipes are the Neutrogena Hydrating Make-up Remover Cleansing Wipes. They smell amazing and leave my skin feeling clean and refreshed.
3. A lightweight rain jacket. This one is more dependent on where you are traveling to and the weather report. Unfortunately, I didn’t pack any sort of jacket and it was dumping rain the majority of the time!
4. A portable charger. You never know when you will be out and about for an extended period of time, without a way to charge up your devices! I love my Mophie portable charger and bring it with me everywhere I travel to. It is especially useful during long layovers at the airport!
5. My Lulu Lemon Speed Shorts. Whenever I travel, being comfortable is a huge priority of mine. Whether I am lounging around the house or in between destinations, I am almost always wearing these. They are super comfy as well as cute, it’s a win win!
6. A Positive Attitude!! (: This one is the most important to bring when traveling. There are so many uncontrollable things that factor into traveling, from flight delays to less than ideal weather, so I always make sure to have a positive and flexible mindset wherever I am off to!
While this is only a short list of travel must-haves, I know there are many others! What do you always make sure to pack when traveling? I always love learning new travel tips so let me know in the comments below!
xo, Heather Marie