Stir Fry’s are one of my favorite meals to make because not only are they super yummy, they are a great way to clean out your fridge! I typically make them when I have a bunch of vegetables that need to be used up. The recipe below makes enough to feed 4 people, plus leftovers! I always cook with leftovers in mind so I don’t have to make another new meal the next day, because who has time to cook a brand new meal every single night? Not me.
If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw my Insta Story showing how I made Chicken Stir Fry for dinner the other night! That was a quick glimpse on how to make the delicious meal, but below I provided a detailed recipe for you all!
If you have any variations of Stir Fry that you absolutely love, share in the comments below! I am always on the hunt for new recipes and love to try out new things!
xo, Heather Marie
The ingredients listed below are what I used, but if you like a certain kind of veggie that is missing, feel free to add it in!
Seasonings and Other:
- Rice (White or Brown, desired amount)
- Rice Noodles (I made 1/2 a box)
- Water Chestnuts (2 small cans)
- Chicken Broth (1 reg can)
- Soy Sauce
- Chicken Bouillon Cube
- Ground Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- Corn Starch
Produce & Protein
- Carrots (3 large, peeled ones)
- Celery (3 stalks)
- Broccoli (1-2 medium heads)
- Snap Peas (desired amount)
- Fresh Ginger (2 tablespoons)
- Fresh Garlic (2-3 cloves)
- Chicken (2 skinless, boneless breasts)
- Chop all of your veggies, ginger, and garlic. Set aside.
- Start cooking rice and noodles. Set aside when done. (Will add into stir fry last)
- While rice and noodles are cooking, cut up chicken into bite-sized cubes.
- Place cut up chicken into a bowl, pour soy sauce (about 1 table spoon) into it as well as a little ground pepper and a small amount of sugar. Mix up and let sit for a few minutes.
- While waiting, make sauce to pour into your Stir Fry towards the end. (Recipe at bottom)
- Now, put a little vegetable oil in a large pan and cook your chicken. Season chicken with a little garlic and ginger while cooking.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove from pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Use same pan to stir-fry your vegetables and water chestnuts. Add remaining garlic and ginger to vegetables as well.
- Continue stir-frying vegetables until they are done cooking but still crunchy.
- Pour in sauce, add cooked noodles, and chicken. Slowly mix together. *Be careful not to mash your noodles!
- Cook until heated through and sauce thickens.
- Serve Stir Fry with rice on the side!
- Pour chicken broth into small pot
- Add in 1 cup of soy sauce or desired amount
- Add 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Crack some black pepper into the mixture
- Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of sugar into pot
- Add 1/4 cup corn starch to thicken up sauce
- Mix together and simmer on low while you cook your Stir Fry