Hey guys! With the month of October being over in the blink of an eye (seriously though, I can't believe it's already November), I thought I would update you all with a list of my October Beauty Obsessions! For those of you that don't know, I am a total product junkie and absolutely love trying out new things. These are all products that I have recently started using and have completely fallen in love with.
** I most definitely would not classify myself as a beauty blogger or makeup expert by any means, but I do love to experiment with different products and spend what most would consider an unhealthy time at Sephora & Ulta. SO, with that being said, I 100% would recommend all of these products to anyone who is looking to mix up their makeup products or just add to them!
1. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup. This is the first product I am going to tell you all about because it is my favorite foundation by far. I have gone through a ridiculous amount of different foundations the past few months, trying to find the perfect one for my oily skin and this is my favorite! I apply it with my BeautyBlender and love that it goes on evenly and lasts all day. Side note: If you haven't applied your foundation with a BeautyBlender, try this technique and you will be hooked. I have also used and really liked the Lancome Ultra 24H Long Wear Foundation, but felt like it didn't provide as much coverage as I want. So, if you are wanting one with a little less coverage, give that one a try.
2. Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lip Stick. *Currently laughing at how long that name is. Anyways, recently I have been really into wearing lip sticks and such, but have always disliked the fact that they would come off within an hour. Well, I have found the solution! This matte lip stick is seriously the best and stays put all day. It also drys super fast and doesn't smudge. The color "Child Star" is my go-to for perfect nude lips. Give this a try and I promise you won't regret it. If you are looking for a less expensive option, I also use NYX Lingerie Lip Liquid Lipstick and it is practically the same stuff expect a whole lot cheaper!
3. Kat Von D Lock-it Concealer Creme. Recently I had a friend recommend this product to me (she's the ultimate beauty guru and everything she recommends I know is going to be great) and after having my Nars Creamy Concealer run out I decided to give this product a try. If you have dark under eye circles or any face blemish you are wanting to cover up, this product is perfect for you. It applies super creamy and the coverage is amazing. I can't picture myself ever trying another concealer again because this is literally perfect in every way. Tip: after applying, set this product with a setting power to prevent creasing!
4. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. If you are into watching beauty tutorials on YouTube, I am sure you have already seen beauty bloggers raving about this product and they are completely right! Ever since using this product, my makeup has stayed put all day and looks like I have freshly applied it even after 8 hours of wear (I also have the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation to thank for that). I love applying it with my BeautyBlender under my eyes to really set my concealer and then hitting my "T" zone with the rest of what's left on my blender. Other setting powders I have tried seemed too light and I felt like they washed my face out and didn't do the trick but this one is 100% worth purchasing.
5. Philosophy's Time In A Bottle Face Serum. I have actually been using this product for a few months but had to mention it here because I haven't mentioned it before and I love it. It is an age-preventing serum that targets the sources of aging before they begin to appear. This product also contains vitamin c, which helps with the fading of acne scars. I apply it every morning to my face and neck before my moisturizer and am obsessed with it. The serum brightens and corrects your skin tone and overall is just a miracle in a bottle. Ever since using this product, I have noticed my skin is more even, brighter, and simply healthier looking. I have even noticed fewer breakouts, which is a huge plus! It's a little spendy, but one pump is all you need to cover your face and neck and the bottle lasts months.
6. Fresh Sugar Lip Polish. With the cold weather kicking in, my lips were starting to get a little dried out and this product has been my go-to for keeping my lips smooth and hydrated! It smooths your lips as well as takes care of any dryness and is perfect for prepping your lips for lipstick. I also love how gentle it is and that a little goes a long way! The small container makes the price seem a little ridiculous at first but I promise this product will last you months and months! *Prep your lips with this product before applying the Too Faced Matte Lipstick to achieve a perfectly even and smooth application.
7. Make Up Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer. As mentioned before, I tend to have pretty oily skin so finding a good primer that helps balance that out for me is a must. I had been using the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer for a while (and loved it), but wanted to try something new that was a little easier on the wallet. A Sephora employee showed me this product and I must say, I really like it! I love that a little goes a long way and how smooth it goes on my skin. I have also noticed that it truly does "mattify" my skin, keeping the oil under control. My foundation goes on incredibly smooth as well which is awesome. If you have oily skin like me, definitely give this primer a try!
8. Bumble and Bumble Pret-a-Powder. Not only is this product a dry shampoo, it is also a style extender and has volume benefits! I have tried the classic spray dry shampoos in the past and have never felt like they have completely done the trick. My friend, Karlie, recommended this product to me and I'm completely in love! I have naturally straight hair and for those of you that are like me, you probably know this means ZERO volume. Like none. I have to rely on products to get that desired volume and love that this powder is really a three in one formula. I am also one of those girls that washes my hair every single day and knowing how unhealthy that is for my locks, I am trying to limit the washing. This powder has been my saving grace to manage those in between days and am super happy I made the purchase! *Currently this product has a limited edition pink cap to support Breast Cancer Awareness. Bumble and Bumble will also donate $5 from the purchase of this product to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation!
Anyways, this is it for my October Obsessions! If you enjoyed this post let me know and I will try to do another one for November or December!
Do any of you have product recommendations I should try out? Let me know in the comments below, I would love to give them a try! Also please make sure to subscribe to my blog to get new post updates sent straight to your inbox, before anyone else! (:
xo Heather Marie
Below is a Pin-able image to save for later!