Hi lovelies! I hope you all are having a fantastic week so far. As many of you know, I spent my weekend in Las Vegas at a Souvenir Show, scoping out any possible new items to sell in our businesses! Since we were only in Vegas for the weekend, we did the show during the day and spent our nights exploring!
Our plane landed at 7:30PM on Saturday night and only a couple hours later we were sitting in the audience of the Criss Angel show, ready to be Mind Freaked! If you personally know me, you would know that I was OBSESSED with Criss Angel and his TV show growing up. So, seeing him live was a dream come true. I am still trying to figure out how he performed some of his acts. If you are ever in Vegas and into magic, I definitely recommend his show!
Our second day there was spent exploring the city. My favorite places to see were Caesar’s Palace (it is absolutely unbelievable inside), The Cosmopolitan Chandelier Bar (there is a bar inside of an enormous chandelier!!), the Bellagio Fountain, and Freemont Street! Many people just stick to the Strip when in Vegas, but if you have time you have to checkout the Freemont Experience. Chris and I got to do the Slotzilla zip-line, which fly’s you “super-man style” 12 stories above everyone in Freemont, down the entire strip! It was an unforgettable experience.
We attempted Black Jack a couple times but unfortunately the dealer got 21 every single time!! There was just no beating her. We decided to take all our remaining chips and put them all on red and what do you know, we won and doubled our money! Chris and I are no gamblers, so we definitely didn’t spend a lot of time doing that.
Some tips if you ever find yourself in Las Vegas:
1. Take an Uber over a taxi! They are significantly cheaper and will save you tons of money.
2. Make sure to bring comfortable, supportive shoes to explore in! I chose style over comfort and walked the strip in my Steve Madden sandals and boy do I regret that. My feet have never hurt more. From here on out, I will be rocking some supportive sneakers (which can still be stylish!) and save my feet.
3. Be prepared to pay high prices! While plane tickets to Las Vegas are surprisingly cheap, don’t be fooled by that! Almost everything there is insanely expensive.
4. Try to get a hotel on the Strip. Even though staying on the Strip might cost more than staying off of it, you will save on all those cab (or Uber!) rides getting there.
5. Buy a case of water at Walgreens for your room. You won’t have any trouble finding one because there are tons and tons on the Strip. Why pay $3 for one at a gift shop when you could pay the same price for a 24 pack??
6. If you decide to gamble, your drinks are free! So don’t forget to take advantage of that and skip grabbing a drink at the bar.
7. If you want to see a show, check out the “last minute” show deals! There are kiosks and sometimes even box offices that will have a few tickets to several shows left at a discounted rate!
Have you ever been to Vegas and know of any tips I’m missing out on? Let me know in the comments below! Also, make sure to follow me on Instagram and Snapchat (@heatherpoppie) to stay up to date with my travels and see where I’m off to this Friday!
xo, Heather Marie