With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I have been thinking back on how I've spent my previous Valentine's Day's and realized that I typically spent it with my close girl friends! As mentioned in my previous post, How To Survive Living With Your Significant Other, Chris and I did long distance for a while and unfortunately we were never together on Valentine's Day!
With that being said, I have a good amount of experience celebrating "Gal-entine's" Day. So, I decided to do a post on how to spend that day with your besties and what to get them! I am a firm believer that even if you are single, Valentine's Day can be just as fun, if not more!
Gal-entine's Day Date Ideas:
- Go to a movie with a group of your girlfriends! I went to Fifty Shades of Grey when it first came out, and this year the new one is coming out! We may or may not have filled up Gatorade bottle's with wine to sip on while watching it...
- Host a wine night. Prepare some horderves, load up on wine, and enjoy the night in with your besties!
- Dress up and make reservations for a nice dinner. Just because you are single, doesn't mean you can't dress up and go to a nice dinner! If you all are feeling up to it, hit the town after! You never know who you might meet 😉
- Throw an "Exes" Party. I got this idea from my good friend, Whitney, who also runs a blog! She did this one year with her besties. She went out and bought a heart shaped piñata, printed out pictures of everyones ex's faces who hurt them the most, taped the faces on the piñata, and let them all have a swing at it. Definitely a good form of therapy if you ask me.
- Attend a Paint and Sip class with your gal pals.
- Have a Gal-entine's Day Brunch. If the night time scene isn't your thing, go out to brunch with everyone instead!
- Have a movie marathon! If you want to have a sappy cry-fest full of ice cream and chocolate, go The Notebook route. Or, go the girl-power, rom-com direction if that's the vibe you're wanting! Both are great.
- Spa Night. Have everyone bring their favorite beauty related products, masks, and nail polishes for a (probably) much needed pamper sesh!
Now that you have ideas on what to do on Gal-entine's Day, I included some ideas on what to get your besties below! I have already purchased a couple of these and can't wait to gift them!
Chris and I have yet to make plans for Valentine's Day. Since our anniversary is so close to Valentine's Day and we went out for that, I am secretly hoping we load up on some bottles of wine, grab a movie, and spend it snuggled up on the couch in our pj's. But, I have a few close friends that want to celebrate Gal-entine's Day as well so I will definitely be crashing that!
Do any of you have fun traditions with your besties or significant other? Let me know in the comments below!
xo, Heather Marie