Thank you Greetabl for sponsoring this post! All opinions and thoughts are my own of course (:
Three years ago I moved in with my best friend, then boyfriend, and now fiancé (!!!). Looking back, I've realized how much we have changed as individuals, as a couple, and how much we have grown together throughout these past few years. When thinking of a simple, yet meaningful gift to surprise him with, I instantly thought of Greetabl. The personalized gift, which included photos of moments we have shared together, along with small gifts inside, was a perfect way to celebrate 3 years of living with Chris.
Greetabl is more than just your typical greeting card. They are an online, one-stop-shop that allows someone to create a gift with a personalized touch. What I really love is that they make creating the gift so quick and easy!! The steps are simple. First, you pick out the pattern of the card, then you chose the gifts that will be inside the box (there are so many cool and unique gifts for both guys and girls to choose from!!), add a few photos, write a short and sweet message, and then check out! Really, it's that easy 🙌🏼 Greetabl is perfect for creating unique anniversary gifts, a go-to gift for birthdays, and really anything you see fit! If you have a bestie, family member, or co-worker with a birthday coming up, definitely check out Greetabl - they will love it so much. Chris loved his and especially loved the hand cream and chapstick that came with it! (Chris is chapstick OBSESSED, so he was extremely excited about this). If you decide to order a Greetabl (and ya should!), you can get 15% off using this code: heatherpoppie 💛
Photos x T&K Photography
A while ago, I shared a post about How To Survive Living With Your Significant Other, but I thought it would be fun to share what no one tells you about what life is REALLY like living with them! If you're already living with your S.O., I'm sure you can relate! If you're about to move in together, here's what you can expect!
1. Compromising is key.
Wanna watch a chick flick or the Bachelor? Back rubs and foot massages are a great negotiation tool.
2. Guys - there will be hair EVERYWHERE.
And no, not from your pets. Your socks, clothes, drain, bathroom floor... there's no escape.
3. Your life will get a whole lot easier the sooner you get comfortable going to the bathroom near each other.
It's a part of life. You don't have to be in the same room with each other or leave the door open, but waiting for them to leave the house is going to get old, real fast.
4. Sharing closet space is the ultimate struggle and a constant game of shoving your S.O.'s clothes onto "their half".
Guys, prepare to move over. Or find another closet.
5. When your gal asks if what she is wearing is cute, SAY YES.
It'll avoid a total breakdown, her saying she hates all her clothes, and 2 more hours of outfit changes.
6. Speaking of outfit changes, girls take 10x longer than guys to get ready.
And girls, you'll be envious of how quick your man can get ready.
7. You will begin to match outfits.
And you won't plan on it.
8. Snoozing your alarm 20 times is not okay anymore.
And your S.O. will not be too thrilled with you if you do.
9. You will learn EVERYTHING about them.
Weird, gross habits? Check. Odd food requests? Check. Pet peeves? Check.
10. Guys fart. A lot.
And burp. And make weird noises. Luckily, you'll begin to tune it out after a while.
11. You will have TV shows you watch together, and separately.
Watching episodes of your favorite show without each other is forbidden.
12. His side of the bed, her side of the sink, his side of the closet...
These will all be things determined in the beginning of moving in with each other and likely will not change.
13. Girl's nights and Guy's nights will coordinate.
Wanting a wine night with your girlfriends? Make sure to send him off for a video game night with the guys.
14. If they get sick, you're in it together.
No amount of AirBorne can save you. If he's sick, you're gettin' it too.
15. The shower will be filled with 3 different body washes, 4 shampoos, deep conditioner, multiple face washes, and several body scrubs.
YES. She needs them all. And yes, you will constantly be knocking them over.
16. It's like having a sleepover EVERY. NIGHT.
Literally. And it's the best thing ever.